How toxic is ethylene glycol

Ethelene glycol is toxic to mammals if ingested. ATSDR states: ‘Ethylene glycol’s toxicity mainly results from the accumulation of its toxic metabolites.

Ethylene glycol is a central nervous system (CNS) depressant that produces acute effects similar to those of ethanol. These CNS effects predominate during the first hours after exposure.

If undetected or untreated, ethylene glycol ingestion can cause serious or fatal toxicity.’

Jerome Budin

Water Treatment Consultant

Book a meeting at your convenience to talk to one of our specialists about your wastewater issues. Or send us an enquiry.

Learn how Arvia products can help

Nyex Rosalox

Nyex Ellenox